Your shopping cart
Your shopping cart is empty!
Let me help you spend some money :)
- Date published: 21/06/2022
Introduction to the NS 468 Cable tester:
The NSHL 468 is a Multi-Purpose Cable Tester useful for testing local area network cables.
It can test:-
1. RJ45 Connection (CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6 Cables)
2. RJ11 Connection (4 Conductor Phone Cables)
3. RJ12 Connection (6 Conductor Phone Cables)
- It has a Master Unit and a Remote Unit.
- It can test the condition of each electrical connection and if the connection is good it will light a green LED.
LED 1 through to LED G should light up green sequentially both on the master and remote units, when you are testing RJ45 connectors.
LED 2, 3 and 4 should light up on the remote unit when testing RJ11
- The master and Remote can be separated which make it useful for long networks wires located in different areas.
- Affordable tester for checking wiring.
So how does it work?
It is a battery operated device using a 9V battery located in the back of the Master Unit.
It can test up to 300 metres with a new battery installed.
You simply connect your cable "either a RJ45 or RJ11/12" into the appropriate port on both the master and remote, turn the unit on for FAST test or into the "S" Position for Slow automatic test.
The tester has a sequence of 9 lights both on the Master and Remote.
When a LED fails to light up you know that there is a fault with the connection at that point.
The NS 468 cable tester will test each pin sequentially.
PIN 1 to PIN 8 Green LED lights will all illuminate if the cable is good.
Note that PIN G will NOT illuminate for RJ45 cables.
If the LED lights up in the wrong order this could indicate a crossed connection.
Note: Pin 7,8, G will not illuminate for RJ12 cables.
If the LED light up in the wrong order this could indicate a crossed connection.
It has a basic PCB (printed circuit board) layout.
With LED's, chips and transistors that make it all work.
This is a cost-effective handy tool to have around for checking Local Area Networks. It is a 2-in1-multi testing tool allowing testing of both network and phone cables.
Consisting of two parts, the Master and the Remote, it can be used separately which makes it useful for long networks wires located in different areas.